Did you know that cybercrime affects 97 people every hour? This means that cybercrime occurs every 37 seconds. With such a high rate of cybercrime, it is critical to have dependable antivirus software on your system.
Bitdefender and Malwarebytes are two of the best antivirus programs available, competing with well-known brands such as Avast. Both protect your Windows PC, but which should you use? This post is primarily about Malwarebytes vs. Bitdefender; continue reading to learn which is superior.
Malwarebytes Vs. Bitdefender
Malwarebytes and Bitdefender are well-known cybersecurity companies that provide cutting-edge virus protection.
Both companies provide many of the same strategy expertise to prospective customers, so there is a lot of overlap in malware processing and tracking, backed gateways, and disaster recovery.
Many questions arise during the selection process, such as: Is Bitdefender better than Malwarebytes? Do I need Bitdefender and Malwarebytes, for example? I compared the features of both to learn more about them.
Both antivirus programs offer quick, deep, and standard scanning options, but Bitdefender includes a compatibility mode search. A quick scan is also not recommended because, unless you have one of the best AVs available, it will only pass over the most obvious locations where malware can live, ignoring the less obvious sections of the hard disc.
Bitdefender also provides vulnerability inspection, which provides a quick overview of your system’s vulnerabilities. Malwarebytes lacks this feature even in its premium package due to its more extensive scanning.
Final Verdict: Bitdefender offers you more protection against various viruses than Malware.
Antivirus software constantly monitors potential offline and online risks in real-time. It’s a shame that Malwarebytes’ free plan doesn’t offer real-time security, which means you’re vulnerable to various online threats whenever you connect to the internet.
Malwarebytes had a test accuracy of 98.8%, which was higher than the 97% average of most competitors. Bitdefender, on the other hand, has a 99.7% test accuracy for severe risks such as malicious emails and malware-infested websites.
Final Verdict: Bitdefender provides more Real-Time protection than Malwarebytes.
A quick Malwarebytes scan will take a few minutes, and there will be no discernible decrease or increase in CPU load. While a thorough scan will take about an hour, you can quickly navigate through multiple browser tabs. While installing specific software, you may notice a slowdown.
Bitdefender has also had little to no effect on the speed of my computer. Furthermore, there will be no reduction in the rate while installing software. You can multitask while the entire scan is running in the background. Bitdefender was also nearly twice as fast as Malwarebytes, finishing a full scan in under an hour.
Final Verdict: Bitdefender is more efficient and fast than Malwarebytes.
- Spyware cannot track your keystrokes if you use a password manager.
- It improves your protection in sectors that a regular antivirus cannot.
- Malwarebytes doesn’t have this feature, while Bitdefender includes this feature in all its plans which is easy and quick.
- This feature allows you to track your kid’s offline and online activity.
- Bitdefender includes this feature enabling you to watch over your kid’s digital activities.
- Malwarebytes doesn’t have this feature.
- A shredder encrypts several levels of information onto the original file, rendering it almost worthless to an intruder even if they get access to a part.
- With this feature, Bitdefender allows you to control your confidential data, although it will take some time.
- Malwarebytes doesn’t include this feature.
Virtual Private Network-VPN
- Both antiviruses include this feature.
- Bitdefender includes VPN in every package with a data limit of 200MB/day.
- The premium package doesn’t have such a restriction but is limited to 27 nations.
- VPN of Malwarebytes has no data restriction and covers 30+ nations.
- Malwarebytes’ VPN is a little slower, but it has more powerful unblocking features and succeeded in all quality checks.
- An essential factor that helps you to be secure online.
- Bitdefender has a simple and strong firewall and a range of advanced features.
- Malwarebytes doesn’t include this feature.
- Malwarebytes provides two types of customer help: online chat and email.
- The easiest way to contact the customer service team is through live chat.
- Bitdefender offers extra support options, such as call help and a social forum, making customer service more reliable.
Bitdefender antivirus is pricey, but it compensates by offering slashing tools and the most recent malware scan algorithms.
Malwarebytes and Bitdefender help many organizations secure their IT systems by providing numerous benefits. As the business grows, both brands compete to incorporate the most up-to-date endpoint network security.
Bitdefender outperformed Malwarebytes in terms of overall performance and features, but Malwarebytes’ outstanding performance in the vital protection test is also noteworthy.