When you think about it, selling video games is an odd business. After all, video games are digital products. You don’t actually have to meet or speak with your customers. All you need to do is push a button, and they’re good to go. However, this doesn’t mean that video game sales don’t have their quirks. In fact, the process of selling video games can be rather convoluted if you want to sell them through retail channels. In this article, we will explore five reasons why you should instead sell your games on game boxes and to retailers. From increased sales to better customer service, read on to learn all there is to know about selling your games in this unique way.
There is a Massive Opportunity in the Games Industry.
- There is a massive opportunity in the games industry.
The games industry is worth billions of dollars and is only going to continue to grow. In 2016, the global video game market was worth $115 billion. And that’s only the gross value—the real money is made through retail sales. The gaming industry employs over 1.5 million people worldwide, and there are many opportunities for entrepreneurs within it.
- You can earn a good income selling games on game boxes and to retailers.
If you have good products, selling them through retail channels can earn you a good income. In fact, according to one study, the average game publisher earned $1 million from their game in 2016. However, it’s important to note that there are a lot of factors that contribute to how much money an individual earns from selling games—including location, product type, and the marketing strategy employed by the retailer.
- It’s a low-cost entry-level business opportunity
Selling games on game boxes and to retailers isn’t as difficult as you might think, and there are plenty of resources available to help you get started. For example, there are online courses and tutorials available that will teach you how to set up your own store and sell your games online. Additionally, many retailers offer support services such as advertising and shipping logistics so that you can focus on developing your product instead of worrying about these details.
Retailers and Game Boxes are Struggling.
Retailers are struggling, and game boxes are a big part of that. Stores have been cutting back on the number of games they carry, and as a result, game box sales have taken a hit. The problem is compounded by the fact that many people now buy games digitally instead of in physical form. That means that even if you’re selling your games through retailers, you may not see much benefit from it.
The good news is that there are still ways to make money through game boxes and retailers. Here are four tips:
- Promote Your Games at Retailer Expos
One way to get your games into the hands of consumers is to sell them at retailer events. This can be a great way to get exposure for your products and build relationships with customers who might be interested in buying them later on.
- Stock up on game boxes and sell them in bulk.
Another way to make money through game boxes is to stockpile them and sell them in bulk. This can give you a competitive advantage over other sellers since you’ll be able to offer lower prices. Just be sure to keep track of inventory so you don’t run out of boxes suddenly and lose business as a result.
- Make customised game boxes for your customers.
Finally, another way to make money through game boxes is to create customized versions for your customers. This can include adding graphics or logos or creating unique editions that only contain specific games or genres.
There are Numerous Advantages to Selling Games in Game Boxes.
There are many benefits to selling games on game boxes and through retailers. The most obvious benefit is that you can increase your sales. Selling games on game boxes and through retailers gives you the opportunity to reach a wider audience and can lead to more sales overall.
Another benefit of selling games on game boxes and through retailers is that you can take advantage of enhanced visibility for your products. When you sell your games through retailers, you get their marketing support, which can help promote your products to a wider audience. Retailers also have the ability to carry more products than they would if they sold them directly to customers, giving your games a larger presence on the shelves.
Finally, selling through retailers can give you access to better deals. Retailers are often able to negotiate better prices with manufacturers than customers are, which can save you money in the long run.
There are many benefits to selling your games on game boxes and in retail stores. Here are just a few reasons why you should consider this option:
1. Increased Sales: Selling through the gaming box industry creates a higher level of awareness for your product, as customers who purchase games from retail stores also tend to be avid gamers. This proximity to more gamers gives you an advantage over competing products, as potential consumers will be more likely to try out your game if they can find it in a store near them.
2. Improved Conversion Rates: One of the most important factors in determining the success of any business is the conversion rate—how many people convert from visitors into customers. The higher the conversion rate, the more money you make. Game boxes and retailers allow you to achieve a much higher conversion rate than traditional online marketplaces, as customers who pick up your game at a physical store are far more likely to actually play it and buy it than those who order it online.
3. Increased Brand Awareness: By placing your games on game boxes and retail shelves, you create a sense of exclusivity among gamers that can help promote name recognition and increase brand awareness for your product. This increased awareness can lead to increased sales down the road, as consumers may be more likely to search for information about your product if they’re familiar with it from buying it from a retailer instead of researching it online.
4. Opportunity to Tap Into New Markets: Selling through game boxes and retailers opens up new markets.
Increased Brand Image
There are many benefits to selling your games through physical retailers and game boxes. Not only will you increase brand awareness and create a higher demand for your products, but you may also receive a higher price for your games. Additionally, retailers often offer exclusive deals on selected titles, which can result in increased profits.
To maximise the benefits of selling through retail channels, begin by creating a well-designed game box that accurately reflects your product. Include images of your game characters and graphics that capture the essence of your game. Additionally, make sure to include all required documentation (e.g., artwork, marketing materials) inside the box so buyers can understand what they’re purchasing.
Next, take advantage of retailer incentives such as loyalty rewards programmes and exclusive deals. Retailers want to attract customers who will return to buy their products in the future; therefore, offering exclusive deals on select titles can do just that. Also, be sure to provide clear directions for redeeming these rewards so buyers know exactly how to obtain them.
Finally, keep in mind that promoting your games through traditional media (television commercials, print ads) is also key. In order to generate a high level of interest from potential buyers, ensure that your advertising campaigns are tailored specifically for retail channels and target specific demographics.
If you’re like most game designers, you likely design and create games with the intent of having them distributed through retail channels. But what if there was a better way for your games to reach more people? Game boxes! With game boxes, not only can your games be sold directly to consumers online or at physical retailers, but all proceeds from sales go back into supporting the development of new indie games. So why not give it a try? Here are five reasons why game boxes are an excellent way to sell your games: