Canada attracts millions of tourists from across the world every year. It is a beautiful country with abundant natural wonders, diverse cultures, and historical monuments. Whether you are planning to visit Canada as a tourist or visit your family or friends, a valid tourist visa, also known as a visitor visa, is a must-have.
Before you “apply for visitor visa Canada“, make sure that you meet all the eligibility criteria set by the Canadian government.
Minimum Requirements to Get a Tourist Visa to Canada
As a candidate for a tourist visa to Canada, you must:
- Have good health
- Have a valid passport or travel document
- Have no record of criminal activities
- Have family and job in Canada
- Have adequate funds to support your expenses while staying in Canada
Minimum Funds Required to Get a Canadian Tourist Visa
Among the various conditions, adequate fund availability plays a vital role. Your tourist visa will approve when you submit proof of funds.
Though there is no specific number on the funds, the figure has to exceed the amount a person would need for their monthly expenditures in Canada.
Individuals residing in Canada generally require 1,230 CAD (which is approximately INR 75,525) for their monthly expenditures. If the person is a tourist to the country, they would need at least 2,000 CAD (approximately INR 1,22,805) for a month. Depending on the number of people accompanying you during your trip and the days you plan to stay in Canada, proof of sufficient funds varies for a tourist visa.
Documents That Can be Submitted As Proof of Funds
Here’s a list of documents that you can submit as proof of funds:
- A bank statement that shows the balance details of your savings account
- Shares, bonds, and mutual funds
- Provident funds
- Treasury bills
- Tax-free savings account
- Deposit certificates (Fixed Deposit, Recurring Deposit etc.)
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)
- Your employment letter (that shows your annual earnings)
- Tax filing documents for the previous three years
- Financial support proof from your family or friends to cover your expenditures during your stay
Once you have submitted all the required proof of funds, supporting documents, and your tourist visa application form to the Canadian embassy, wait for an update.
Remember, proof of funds alone does not guarantee the approval of your tourist visa. A tourist visa applicant may have several million in their bank account, but still, there are chances that their visa may get rejected.
In any case, you can seek the assistance of a professional immigration consultant to help you through all these immigration formalities. Whether for a tourist visa or a PR Canada from India, these consultants are the best experts to guide you through.